The local mountains are stunning for walks and hikes, and the lift system adds in another dimension, meaning that you can explore the local summits without having to climb the whole way. The lift openings are as follows:
- The Reberty chairlift runs every day (except Saturdays), which links the Bruyeres area and La Masse
- The Roc des 3 Marches 1 bubble open on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- The Bruyeres bubble takes you right to the top of the valley, and you can drop over into Meribel or Val Thorens, or remain in this valley. This is open on Mondays and Wednesdays
- The St Martin 1 chairlift comes out of the charming town and goes halfway up the mountain. This is open on Fridays and Sundays
- The bubble on La Masse gives a different perspective on the valley, and you can enjoy this side of the mountain on Fridays and Sundays
Other walks of note are from Plan de l’Eau up to Lac du Lou and a number of walks in the Vallée des Encombres – another breath-taking part of the local scenery.
To learn more about the marked itineraries available, visit here: http://en.lesmenuires.com/summer/hiking-mountain-bike/marked-itineraries