Powder N Shine Ltd is a Three Valleys Lakes and Mountains specialist in the French Alps. We are a small, independent catered chalet business offering quality accommodation, a unique dining experience and exceptional service tailored to our clients’ needs. At an altitude of 2000m in a piste-side village resort, guests are guaranteed excellent snow conditions, ski-in/ski-out access to the largest skiing area in the world, and breathtaking mountain scenery.
With a real focus on quality, we expect our seasonnaire staff to have the same values and dedication to service excellence. This position is therefore not for people seeking 5 months of partying, punctuated by time on the piste. We do ensure that our employees benefit from a fair proportion of skiing and private time, and those that do a good job will also enjoy healthy tips from happy guests.
The role of Chalet Chef involves building on Powder N Shine’s existing reputation as providers of superior quality food and wine. Your commitment to high quality service and ensuring a friendly environment for all guests will also be at the forefront of your responsibilities.
Specific responsibilities and tasks will include the following:
Food preparation and kitchen management
- Undertaking all food preparation and cooking to include breakfast, afternoon tea and the evening main meal – canapés, 3-course dinner and cheese board
- Management of chalet hosts within the kitchen environment (including appropriate delegation of some food preparation tasks where appropriate) and overseeing the service of all meals
- Continuous cleaning of kitchen including all surfaces, hobs and kitchen equipment
- Weekly deep clean of all areas mentioned above as well as aiding the chalet hosts on changeover day to ensure chalet turnaround
- Daily stock inventory to ensure all necessary provisions are available
- Weekly shopping list creation to reflect the forthcoming week’s requirements
The overall requirement will be to ensure that guests enjoy their food when staying with Powder N Shine through being as attentive, professional and engaging as possible at all times.
Skills and Capabilities Profile
- Professional experience in the hospitality industry required. Catering qualifications imperative including a hygiene certificate
- Excellent social skills to deal with people from all walks of life of all ages and often families with children
- Uncompromising standards of hygiene and professionalism
- The ability to bring ideas to the menus and also be able to multi task by dealing with different dietary requirements
- A love and passion for food and cooking is an absolute must – Powder N Shine pride themselves on serving the best quality meals of which we have a good reputation
- Highly competitive salary paid in the UK
- Food provided in the chalet
- Excellent accommodation in one of Powder N Shine’s chalets
- Ski pass and equipment rental for the season
- Travel to and from resort at the start and end of the contract
- Medical and accident insurance
- 1 day off per week plus plenty of potential piste time
All applicants must be in possession of an EU passport or work permit for the UK and an existing permanent UK National Insurance number. Due to motor insurance requirements, only applicants over 21 years of age will be considered – there is no maximum age limit.
Please send your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org